15 September 2007

Suicide Prevention Week

So I've missed blogging on Suicide Prevention week - or to me more precise, NEARLY missed it.

It's Suicide Prevention week (until midnight tonight*). A fact which has kind of got me down. Maybe because I've got three of the six warning signs (four if you include the bottle of Spanish Red I'm thinking of tucking into)? I dunno.

The Suicide Prevention Resource Center is a good place for lots and lots of info on helping prevent suicides.

I know that when I was trying to get help for someone in my life who was threatening suicide it was very tough. The system is pretending to be on the side of those who need help, but honestly, is made up of individuals who can be as petty and unhelpful as any of us. So if you are in need of help, don't stop looking for it.

Sometimes we ask for help from people who are not able to give it to us, and we need to keep looking. Words to live by.

*You get Sunday off to prepare for National Singles Week, National Rehabilitation Week, National Farm Animals Awareness Week, National Pollution Prevention Week, and National Surgical Technologist Week.

No comments: